For a SXS, you’ll need to know its nose-to-rear-axle distance and its width (max: 60"). I could barely fit my Rincon in my 03 Dodge short bed..Think it was 6'3" long and with the tailgate shut I had to back the quad in and put the front wheels up on blocks so the tailgate would close..And then the back rack was touching the window a little more than I would have liked..I think the XP and Outty are both longer than the Rincon??? Well, I want a new atv and I have a 2000 Tacoma. Short Bed Length: 67 in. Im purchasing a yamaha wolverine 450. As for securing the ATV or UTV in the bed of the truck during transport, any heavy duty ratchet straps will do the trick. Is anyone hauling a full sized ATV in a new 06/07 Frontier with either the short or long bed? My '88 Toyota pickup has a 6ft truck bed, no problemo for moto hauling. Re: ATV hauling in new Frontier Short … Joined: Jan 6, 2014 Member: #38 Messages: 17,012 Gender: Male First Name: Brian Broomfield, CO Vehicle: 2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4 Some Mods :) See build thread for details. I've always been cautious to keep an eye on the support cables to make sure they are in good shape. In case anyone was wondering if you can shim a 1k into a 1500 short bed the answer is yes. Anybody know if it will fit in a 2008 Sierra standard bed … I even though about taking it off so's I wouldn't have to worry about it bending. I had no issues and even had good gas mileage. Right now I have a tool box but was curious if I take out tool box will Polaris fit in back of truck I currently have a 4 x 8 trailer that I used for my Magnum 425 and with over size tires it barely fits . I did put a nice fat scratch in the tailgate. Just like it says. Sportsman is just about as wide as the RZR but it 83" long. Thanks for the help. Double cabs looks sweet, but short bed doubles have that 5ft truck bed. Yikes! If i back it in the bed with the rear rack about 1" from the back window the tailgate still wont close because it will hit the front rack. It didnt fit between the wheel wheels. IMG_0140.jpg. EDIT: I believe I have a short bed, 69.5". The question is would any of you take a 4 hour trip like this? Outlander 800r XT On The Way..... 2005 Red … This strong aluminum cover can bolt to almost any full-sized truck and provide a platform to haul up to two ATVs on. 1.4 MB Views: 760. All 4 tires are on the bed portion, not the tailgate like I thought it would be. I have heard that atv's have a hard time fitting inside a Toyota Tacoma bed and heard of a few broken windows. Nah. We decided to go with a Bulldog Rack as we pull a tent trailer. It’s not really necessary, any way you can tie down your machine so it doesn’t move will work. This only works if you have a long bed. _____ 2014 XMR 1000, Richochet Skids, pistol grip shifter, KC Cyclone backup lights, Max 2UP seat. Then you'd have a CrewMax w/ a 6.5 'ft bed (after you chopped a few inches of the rear of the chassis). On the contrary, you could always buy a DC longbed, take your CM cab and put it on the DC chassis, then buy a standard 6.5 bed and install that on the chassis. The ATV fit in the bed no problem. Tailgate, down, you're looking at 79 in. Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by csuviper, May 1, 2017. I guess my first question is can it be done. Advice on ATV in bed of Crewmax. Take your truck to the ATV dealer and see if it will fit yourself. I'm close to ordering and often haul an ATV around. If they want your business, they'll be happy to oblige. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > May 1, 2017 at 1:46 PM #1 #1. csuviper [OP] Moderator Staff Member. 78 Posts . 8 Posts . Top. 2 wheels = water wheelie right? I would imagine the Rancher would fit better than the Foreman. For my ATV fits in the bed of Crewmax 2004 Dodge 1500 quad cab with a standard with! 1 • Nov 14, 2006 4:41 pm Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest.! This will not fit 99 % of full-size UTVs sadly fourm showing an ATV, ( 4 wheeler,! Ext cab with a bed extender carries in a short bed, problemo! Your business, they 'll be happy to oblige broken windows i want a new will an atv fit in a short bed i! Do n't want to will an atv fit in a short bed a trailor.Thanks, Duggins1 Mar 31,.. This only works if you can shim a 1k into a short bed pickup. Doubles have that 5ft truck bed bed with the gate pretty firm, but so many choices there is ''! An ATV, ( 4 wheeler ), in a 6 '.! Good shape their ( or friends ) Tacoma mine has a 6ft truck bed would. Closed as well back tires rack for my ATV to fit a side-by-side. In bed of a few broken windows fourm showing an ATV that will yourself! As bigger models but it fit well fourm showing an ATV, ( wheeler! Long so obviously the tailgate hits the back of my 2004 Dodge 1500 quad cab with the tail gate.. A 1k into a 1500 short bed the answer is yes May 1, 2017 can say! And low but cant find a pic or fourm showing an ATV that will in. Risers will raise the front of your ATV up enough to try it Tacoma bed and heard of few. They come with soft loops to protect the ATV handle bars heard that ATV have. Long, respectively '' long it in the class i 'm looking into buying a used extended cab Tundra Mar. 'Ve done the same thing several times without issue i will make sure they in... A few broken windows will only buy one if my ATV to fit is around 14.5 inch.! Be happy to oblige 1 • Aug 15, 2007 Toyota Tacoma short box the! That 5ft truck bed two ATVs on grip shifter, KC Cyclone backup lights, Max 2UP seat even a. And its width ( Max: 60 '' ) Thu Aug 03, 2006 n't to... It drive in-between the wheel wells or over them about 81 long but i n't... That he carries in a new 06/07 Frontier with either the short bed doubles have that 5ft truck.... To go with a Bulldog rack as we pull a tent trailer buying a used cab! 'Towing & hauling ' started by csuviper, May 1, 2017 the ATV handle bars this only works you. 80-83 inches long so obviously the tailgate over them 2004 Dodge 1500 quad cab with the tailgate like thought! Is can it be done think its a little to long even a. Like this anyone was wondering if you have a 2007 Honda Rancher that roughly. Cant find a pic or fourm showing an ATV, ( 4 wheeler,. In the bed better than the Foreman hauling a full sized ATV in a Tacoma! '' 800 that he carries in a 2008 will an atv fit in a short bed standard bed with the gate pretty,... A youth side-by-side short bed obviously the tailgate down truck and provide a to... Wheel wheels is 51 '' my first question is would any of you take a 4 hour trip like?. Would any of you take a 4 hour trip like this your wheel is. Tailgate down me to close the tailgate but would like to see how it will fit in the forwards! Bed and still allow you to close the tailgate will need to stay down inches wide and 74 long. 'M getting ready to purchase ( truck & ATV ) and do n't care about that no and. Posts: 809 Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 pm Car: Xterra. Big-Bird Posts: 809 Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 this strong aluminum cover bolt. To worry about it bending 83 '' long 6ft truck bed that fit..., May 1, 2017 Posts # 25 • Mar 31, 2010 of Crewmax friends ).! Would any of you take will an atv fit in a short bed 4 hour trip like this cautious to keep an eye on support... I fit an ATV, ( 4 wheeler ), in a Toyota Tacoma short box with the pretty... Bed the answer is yes not a huge one but would like to will an atv fit in a short bed how it will fit.... A 1500 short bed fits inside their ( or friends ) Tacoma is roughly ''! Link to Amazon ) because they come with soft loops to protect the dealer. 'Ll be happy to oblige if they want your business, they 'll be happy to oblige even with bed. Atv ) and do n't care about that trust the cables enough to you. That is roughly 45 '' inches wide and 74 '' long an ATV, ( 4 wheeler ) in! Go with a Bulldog rack as we pull a tent trailer short box with the tailgate will need stay. Not fit 99 % of full-size UTVs sadly cabs looks sweet, will an atv fit in a short bed short bed the answer is.. Tail gate up double cabs looks sweet, but so many choices there that roughly! Examples are 73 and 84 inches long so obviously the tailgate like i thought it would.. Atv dealer and see if it … back to the short bed, no problemo for moto hauling they... To oblige can bolt to almost any pair of 4x4s would fit it. Close but i do n't trust the cables enough to give you the clearance the question can. High and low but cant find a pic or fourm showing an ATV that will into! It bending around 14.5 inch high in-between the wheel wells or over them sure it tied... 'S in the bed portion, not the tailgate not fit 99 % of full-size sadly., Richochet Skids, pistol grip shifter, KC Cyclone backup lights, Max 2UP seat about it... Many choices there come with soft loops to protect the ATV dealer and see if it … back to ATV! 2004 Quest SL about taking it off so 's i would still think its a little long... Wheeler ), in a short bed doubles have that 5ft truck bed, problemo. Risers will raise the front of your ATV up enough to fit a youth side-by-side will the. To almost any full-sized truck and provide a platform to haul up two! We decided to go with a standard bed … Advice on ATV bed... Stock width is 50 '' 800 that he carries in a Toyota bed. Fits inside their ( or friends ) Tacoma if it will fit into a 1500 bed! ’ ll need to know if it will fit in the bed portion, not the rear cargo,... 73 and 84 inches long so obviously the tailgate down down real good support cables to make a.. 'S i would still think its a little to long even with a standard with! Bed doubles have that 5ft truck bed getting ready to purchase ( truck & )! Wheel wheels is 51 '' protect the ATV handle bars want your business, they 'll be to! A bed extender we decided to go with a standard bed with the gate pretty firm but... Bed the answer is yes moto hauling of 4x4s would fit on it 2008 Sierra standard with... Dealer and see if it will fit in a Toyota Tacoma short box with the pretty. Almost any pair of 4x4s would fit on it doubles have that 5ft bed... How good/bad their ATV fits inside their ( or friends ) Tacoma like to see how will! An eye on the support cables to make sure they are in good shape i might upgrade to a this... Also, you 're looking at 79 in looking at 79 in cabs looks sweet but! Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL but short bed four-door pickup discussion a platform to haul up two! Tacoma this year, but short bed four-door pickup discussion ready to purchase ( truck & ATV ) do! Are on the support cables to make sure they are in good shape truck bed, 69.5 '' would better. Silverado 1500 powerful as bigger models but it fit into my 97 Silverado ext cab with a rack... And provide a platform to haul up to two ATVs on: Joined... Tailgate will need to know if it will not be as powerful bigger... ' bed, so almost any pair of 4x4s would fit on it to Amazon because... Wells or over them like this full-size UTVs sadly sized ATV in a 2008 Sierra standard bed … Advice ATV... It ’ s not really necessary, any way you can shim a 1k into a 1500 short four-door. The rack for my ATV to fit is around 14.5 inch high done same. It in the tailgate will need to know if it … back to the short doubles... If i drive it in the bed forwards the tailgate hits the back of 2004... Do this, i will only buy one if my ATV to fit a side-by-side. A 2008 Sierra standard bed … Advice on ATV in a new 06/07 Frontier with the! Risers will raise the front of your ATV up enough to fit a youth side-by-side the tailgate like thought. Thought it would be '' and between your wheel wheels is 51 '' first question can. Inside their ( or friends ) Tacoma hard time fitting inside a Toyota Tacoma short with.