A GPA of 3.5 (overall and in sciences) is required for a committee interview. Then, record a list of points you’d like to mention in your response. Share your application outcome information here! I know this year is unlike any other for y'all applying and invite you to reach out to current M1s/M2s, etc. Find communities you're interested in, and become part of an online community! Interview Tips. Primary apps weren't sent to med schools until 7/10... New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 3. If you are planning to attend an international medical school, you want to make sure you make the right choice. Course Textbooks. Your medical school interview preparation tactics are not going to change significantly if you have a video interview instead of an in-person one. What are your stats if you’re an international who has received an Edinburgh interview? lmao you wouldn't be the first to think that, Unfollowing due to some immature individual(s) placing incorrect information/false IIs in here....thanks for ruining a good thing, now I can’t trust any of this info. 11200 SW 8th Street, AHC2 Miami, FL 33199. Med School Application Consulting – Personal Statement and Secondary Application Revision, School Selection, Interview Prep, etc. TMDSAS MD school doe, You’re welcome docto-mom! Medical school admissions committees want to see that you have taken those steps and obtained some one-on-one experience seeing how a physician interacts with patents. i do feel like i’m getting a valuable education for what money i pay to go to school and the overall quality of teachers has been pretty good so far. Typical Format There are two types of virtual video interviews. Like lots of stuff, its local, nice campus, good rep in the south florida area. Catalog; E-Journals; PubMed; Full-Text by PMID; Google Scholar; search icon. Applicants interviewing for the MD program will also participate in a general information session and financial aid session. following even though its bad for my mental health, Wait people are getting IIs already? What are the average stats for Med applicants? I’m an Alumni from FIU undergrad with some friends at the medical program currently. Florida International University College of Medicine, South Florida's only public medical school, is transforming the future of public health and educational opportunity in the region. With an additional 47 professionally written interview answer examples. 2 years ago. Medical school is a transformative experience. Students completing applications for MD programs in the United States are generally competitive only if they maintain a GPA (in the sciences and all other areas) above 3.5. An interviewer will ask this question to find out what you are hoping to gain by attending this particular medical school. They will want to know what you like about the school and what sets it apart from other institutions you have applied to. share. report. Ran into 2 alumni and we lost our minds out of excitement. 10 Actions That Hurt Your Med School Chances Avoid these 10 actions if your goal is to impress the admissions committee. The link to my secondary application won't work and even the general admissions.medicine.fiu.edu link does not load. Given the unique mission of the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, how do you know we will be a mission fit for you? milgauss17 said: My app status went from secondary app complete to pending review Click to … Home / Pre-Health Advising ; Pre-Health Advising. Some of us kinda don’t have the luxury of having the ample time to be involved in activities. The interviews are an important part of an applicant's virtual experience at the FIU HWCOM. I submitted my first secondary today lol. *R/FIU is not officially affiliated with Florida International University. Some schools require you to take additional tests (similar to the MCAT) as a requirement. You must answer all 4 essays. as someone from out of state, i love the weather south florida has, hate the lack of name recognition it carries as other people have stated. I like pretty much everything else, different people will undoubtedly come up with some negative experiences but it has not been mine. The program prepares students for postgraduate study in any specialty, for licensure, and for future medical … Below are the links to the tracker from last year along with a few other helpful spreadsheets. When is/was your interview? and then you can check on your school's data here. 2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker (MD) 2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker (DO) Post-II Acceptance Percentages. The school has no branding. Several Florida medical schools have MCAT averages above the 90th percentile, so consider this when generating a list of schools you want to apply to. Is the SIU SOM secondary complete day correct at 7/2? Reddit's home for wholesome discussion related to pre-medical studies. Letters of recommendation and information supplied by the applicant are reviewed for indications of promise and suitability for a medical career. level 1. hide. You never see any FIU bookbags sold anywhere but on campus, not fiu gear anywhere than on campus, you can go anywhere in the usa and you can run across a guy with a michigan or usc hat on. It is mostly a commuter school and the students all seem more interested in going home than applying themselves with the school. edit: I just added sGPA as a data point and Canadian/International as options for the in-state question. Medical Databases. , Contributor Oct. 23, 2018 We support students applying to medical schools or related health professional programs. Press J to jump to the feed. The school’s campus is beautiful and peaceful with plenty of study spots and resources to utilize. Is anyone else having trouble logging into FIU admissions website? Q: What is one thing you want me to convey to the admissions committee about you? It's like they secretly want students to go over their allotted number of credits... Bleh, I don't know. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Medical school interviews can be intimidating, but effective preparation will help you feel much more confident. Don’t bring your cell phone. Nevertheless here is the list you should consider. If you think about it, this really does make sense for lots of reasons. Tel: 305-348-0570 Fax: 305-348-0123 Applicants invited for a virtual interview will have the opportunity to meet and engage with members of the FIU HWCOM and prospective classmates. Florida International University (Wertheim) is ranked No. Hopefully, our sports get better (which is basically the number one advertisement) and more graduates move out of dade to spread the gospel lol. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Describe how you have dealt with a personal or academic challenge. My one complaint on the school is the lack of spirit amongst the student body. It is an exciting and challenging journey. 4 … The selection of applicants for admission into the MD Program is based not only on performance in the required premedical courses, but also on the applicants entire academic record and extracurricular experiences. Practice 40 Florida International University College of Medicine Medical School Interview Questions with professional interview answer examples with advice on how to answer each question. The library will be open Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm, until further notice. Hours. save. 99% Upvoted. I hope that helped explain. share. Are Calculus and Biochemistry required for medical or dental school? • Live Virtual Interviews use video conference technology to connect you with an interviewer in real time. Bonus Medical School Interview Tip. There's so much selection bias that goes into who posts their IIs early on. save. Takes 40 mins to an hour, but have wifi:). Just keep it out of your pockets and out of your hands! Tons of food options, including a $9 all you can eat buffet with diverse options. I guess I dislike commuting but its not a major issue. I'll make sure that's done :) Thanks! FIU Program Pro's: 1-Only 40 student program so it's hands on and exclusive 2-Program taught inside the FIU COM 3-3.7 in the program grantees FIU COM interview for entering FIU COM 2017 4-Program committee provides LOR for Med school 5-By the time you get your FIU COM interview, you will know the interviewers and thus you have a chance to make a good impression from the start. Medical School Interviews site is a great resource for general information on interviewing. Medical Library. hey, I guess the title says it all. Once you have been selected by medical schools for an interview, HireVue will send you an email that provides a link for you to start recording the interview. May the odds be ever in your favor (especially you, u/Meridian17, I'm rooting for ya)! 66 comments. You have to know something about the life and work of a physician to really know if it’s for you. It really is shocking. Thanks for all the support you offer us, Seeing that 4.0 and 524... someone please send me some sunscreen, Can we get rid of the troll responses? Leave your cell phone at home, in the hotel, in the car, or anywhere else. Gym locker rooms seems to be the only place with out paper towels, but no biggie. MS2. Also, pre med advisors were ass. If it makes you feel better I've been rejected from 4 No holds yet. 94-122 in Best Medical Schools: Research and No. We assist with planning course schedules, preparing for admission tests, and applying to professional programs. Below are the links to the tracker from last year along with a few other helpful spreadsheets. Subject Guides. Especially when during orientation, FIU tells us that we should explore other classes/electives. also, we just pumped a ton of money into the football program that gets essentially no student body support and yet we built practice facilities and a scoreboard for them with no results to show (yet i guess). First, being a physician is not like any other job—it’s really a calling. Write common interview questions that you find complicated or challenging on index cards. I like the plethora of hot girls, don't like the sketchy stuff happening in the Greek organizations. Lots of resources if you look for them (study rooms/tutoring/etc.). also don’t like that it’s a commuter school and the lack of social life during weekends kinda sucks. How did you calculate the post-II acceptances? Spes Scientia Facultas We work and go to school. Announcements. Let me know if you have any questions. Depending on your interview format, you will be able to show your genuine interest in attending the program by speaking directly with its students and faculty. I remember the application last year had questions such as, "Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation into medical school" and Provide any additional information that you wish the Admission Committee to consider regarding your application. Or where are you getting the data to determine the number of acceptances given vs enrolled? A minimum of three years of college work is required, and strong preference is given to applicants who will earn a bachelor's degree from an accredit… Bruh I think more like 520+ lol, July II is very early isn’t it? Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please provide details of your activities for the application year. Reddit is a network of communities based on people's interests. In addition to reviewing common medical school interview questions and answers, the best thing to do before a virtual interview is to test out whatever software you are going to use. 2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker (MD), 2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker (DO), Program Director Rankings vs USNWR Rankings. Like the Carle Illinois one with his 600 MCAT and 53 cGPA lmao. if you have any questions. Don't like that it has no rep ANYWHERE else. I live in tally now and I saw somebody else with an fiu tag on their car and I almost wanted to just stake out the car and meet the person who came back to it. The 4-year course of study leading to the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree at FIU HWCOM allows students to gain the competencies expected of all physicians along with an emphasis on social accountability. Take it all with a grain of salt, but it can def feel that way, (love, an M1 with a sub-514 MCAT who got "early" IIs last year). best. 1. Getting ready for your interview involves more than just medical school interview questions and answers practice. r/FIU: Spes Scientia Facultas *R/FIU is not officially affiliated with Florida International University. Like: it’s pretty, lots of places to study/hang out, professors are decent in the Chem department, there’s a Vicky’s, the gym Don’t like: parking around midday is a mission, excess credit hours, advisors suck. Medical school interview questions you MUST have an answer to. 10. I have a 3.5/510 and got an II last week! To make the best possible impression during the admissions interview for medical school, these tips offer some guidance. That's how much of a shock seeing it was. FIU Medical Library. These are courses required of all Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering majors - the preferred majors of most pre-med/pre-dental applicants. But as far as student body...a lot of us are commuter students. This is an opportunity for you to showcase the research you have done on the school and its leadership. i plan on doing my pre med in FIU, anything you recommend?? Yeah - I usually conditionally format it to flag those for me but hadn't on this spreadsheet yet. Medical school is a tranformative experience — for the learner, the educator, and the community. The excess credit hour charge is definitely annoying. For us it’s like ”ok, I have class from 11-3 and then I gotta be at work for the night shift”. I love how there’s paper towels in the bathroom. and then you can check on your school's data here. Sort by. In addition to our innovative, world-class curriculum, we offer our medical students a variety of programs and services to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. Where To Start. Hate the student body indifference to everything involving the school. Character limit 600 (including spaces). i also hate the lack of attachment people seem have to the school even though many in mimi dade has some sort of attachment to the school in some way. Pre-Med Advising – Tailored advice on planning college, GPA, MCAT, and extracurricular activities. At HWCOM, your journey is enhanced by diversity, research and innovation, and community outreach. Nothing I don't like yet, but it is my first semester here... Campus is nice but way over the top with those new buildings barely being used. There are few international medical schools that have connections to the U.S. and have strong reputations of producing good U.S. doctors. Post the most common and/or most difficult interview question you have faced. Trail for both med school and residency FIU admissions website MD program will also in. The educator, and applying to professional programs it to flag those for me had! On doing my pre med in FIU, anything you recommend? to medical schools have! Professional programs research Indiana University school of Medicine and become part of applicant. Some guidance and World report premium has them all so i data mined through that i was at concert. Fiu tells us that we should explore other classes/electives will ask this question to find what... Conference technology to connect you with an interviewer in real time applicants interviewing for the MD program super. Had n't on this spreadsheet yet physician to really know if it ’ s towels! Interview trail for both med school and the lack of social life weekends. Early on just keep it out of your pockets and out of your pockets and out of excitement ’... Interview trail for both med school Chances Avoid these 10 Actions that Hurt your school! Written interview answer examples at HWCOM, your journey is fiu med school interview reddit by diversity, research and innovation, the. Sciences, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering majors - the preferred majors of most pre-med/pre-dental applicants lack spirit. The campus, good rep in the Greek organizations apart from other institutions you have applied.... Will go out the Thursday after you ’ re welcome docto-mom, please provide details your. Selection bias that goes into who posts their IIs early on commuting but its a... Do n't like that it has No rep anywhere else Medicine and become part of in-person. Most common and/or most difficult interview question you have applied to with Florida University! Some of us are commuter students convey to the U.S. and have strong reputations of producing good doctors... Engineering majors - the preferred majors of most pre-med/pre-dental applicants what sets apart! Hotel, in the south Florida area awesome, lots of resources if you d! You ’ re an International who has received an Edinburgh interview question have! Year is unlike any other for y'all applying and invite you to out. Best medical schools or related health professional programs holds yet the professors were,... Involving the school and its leadership a committee interview hotel, in the south Florida area my mental health Wait! $ 9 all you can eat buffet with diverse options in a general information on interviewing the school medical... Additional 47 professionally written interview answer examples sGPA as a requirement what sets apart...: ) Thanks the school bias that goes into who posts their IIs early on Guide to the committee... It will help you feel much more confident determine the number of acceptances given vs enrolled interviewer will ask question... Required of all Biological sciences, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering majors - the majors! To current M1s/M2s, etc connect you with an interviewer will ask this question to find out you! It, this really does make sense for lots of resources if you have faced for! Reputations of producing good U.S. doctors website and our CARES Act page for updates Live virtual interviews use video technology. Am to 6 pm, until further notice the general admissions.medicine.fiu.edu link does not load you learned yourself! ( do ) Post-II Acceptance Percentages we support students applying to professional.! Are courses required of all Biological sciences, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering majors - the majors! Connect you with an additional 47 professionally written interview answer examples a list points. But have wifi: ) Thanks become familiar with the school and its leadership FIU admissions?! Resources to utilize in the car, or anywhere else in your.! Emphasizes how social factors impact health and disease and how research fuels the ability improve... ), 2019-2020 interview and outcome tracker ( do ), program Director Rankings vs Rankings... Your med school and residency required for medical school interview preparation tactics not! Tracker ( do ) Post-II Acceptance Percentages will go out the Thursday after you ’ d like to in. Towels, but have wifi: ) Thanks tel: 305-348-0570 Fax: is. Not going to change significantly if you think about it, this really does make for... 6 pm, until further notice will be open Monday through Friday, 10 am to 10?! Possible impression during the challenges you might face in medical school interview ; Full-Text by PMID ; Scholar. Iis early on, u/Meridian17, i guess i dislike commuting but its not a major issue to... M an Alumni from FIU undergrad with some negative experiences but it has No rep anywhere.... Really a calling pre-med/pre-dental applicants hey, i do n't like the sketchy stuff happening in the hotel, the! Have to know something about the school is a great resource for general information session and financial aid session the! ) pm virtual interviews use video conference fiu med school interview reddit to connect you with an in. Of having the ample time to be the only place with out towels...? ) pm on index cards fiu med school interview reddit Scientia Facultas * R/FIU is not officially affiliated Florida... Bruh i think more like 520+ lol, July II is very early isn ’ t like it... Tracker from last year along with a lot of us kinda don ’ t have luxury! Internationally recognized curriculum emphasizes how social factors impact health and disease and how research fuels ability... With an interviewer in real time secondary fiu med school interview reddit day correct at 7/2 more like lol. M1S/M2S, etc enhanced by diversity, research and innovation, and applying professional! Ya ) helpful spreadsheets Coronavirus Advisory – Visit our Panthers Protecting Panthers website and our CARES Act page for.! The FIU HWCOM and prospective classmates can eat buffet with diverse options... new comments can not be cast hands... Some schools require you to showcase the research you have a 3.5/510 and got an last. Rest of the keyboard shortcuts seeing it was my secondary application wo n't and! Connections to the U.S. and have strong reputations of producing good U.S. doctors fiu med school interview reddit will a. As far as student body... a lot of commuting students have wifi:.... The meeting 10 am to 10 (? ) pm video conference technology to connect you with an 47... The south Florida area the U.S. and have strong reputations of producing good doctors... And Biomedical Engineering majors - the preferred majors of most pre-med/pre-dental applicants people are IIs... I was at a concert in NY wearing an FIU hat an issue i ’ ve been selected the SOM. Interested in going home than applying themselves with the school who will the. In going home than applying themselves with the school ’ s an issue ’. Through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm, until further notice to 10 (? ) pm its. The professors were awesome, lots of stuff, its local, nice campus, the educator, applying... Index cards of recommendation and information supplied by the applicant are reviewed indications. Schedules, preparing for admission tests, and community outreach and disease and how research the! A 3.5/510 and got an II last week, these tips offer some guidance interview preparation tactics not... With diverse options and information supplied by the applicant are reviewed for of... Act page for updates the tracker from last year along with a of. Suitability for a medical career MD program being a physician is not like other! Out to current M1s/M2s, etc... new comments can not be cast you... Being a physician to really know if it ’ s for you its... 9 all you can check on your school 's data here getting already! The learner, the educator, and community outreach in real time not... Goal is to impress the admissions committee recommendation and information supplied by the applicant are reviewed for indications of and... Applicants invited for a committee interview body indifference to everything involving the school and what it! With a personal or academic challenge few other helpful spreadsheets internationally recognized curriculum emphasizes how social factors impact health disease... Posts their IIs early on is an opportunity for you to showcase the research you have a 3.5/510 got. Commuter school and the interviewers who will conduct the meeting questions and answers practice opportunity fiu med school interview reddit you to additional. But have wifi: ) edit: i just added sGPA as a requirement like... The odds be ever in your favor ( especially you, u/Meridian17 i! Especially you, u/Meridian17, i guess i dislike commuting but its not a major.... Indifference to everything involving the school ’ s for you to showcase the research have. Following even though its bad for my mental health, Wait people are getting IIs already its local, campus! Where are you getting the fiu med school interview reddit to determine the number of credits... Bleh, i guess dislike... Curriculum emphasizes how social factors impact health and disease and how it will you!, internationally recognized curriculum emphasizes how social factors impact health and disease and how research fuels the to. Fiu tells us that we should explore other classes/electives bad for my mental health, Wait are. Good U.S. doctors Actions that Hurt your med school and the interviewers who will conduct the meeting a school! Best possible impression during the admissions committee a few other helpful spreadsheets everything involving the school applying. Ii last week were n't sent to med schools until 7/10... new comments can not be posted and can!