They are made with rice flour so are Gluten-Free. ( Log Out /  and I’m not sure about the turmeric on a donut. We will be trying these soon. These look amazing!!! Hi Rachel, there is a button above to download the stencil! Grease a donut pan very well with the butter substitute. In the last year, mochi doughnuts have started to gain ground in Portland at large, from pandemic-friendly pop-ups to Instagram-based businesses. Hey Catherine! Btw, can I use potato starch or wheat starch to substitute the tapioca starch? I would recommend consuming them on the day that they are made as they do get quite a bit tougher the next day. The base of the mochi donut is composed mostly of Mochiko sweet rice flour . I’ve been trying to upload a new video every two weeks, and I know that this video is a week late… but I hope that’s okay. Maybe not the classiest choice in the baked good family. These do look fantastic. Transfer batter to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe onto baking paper or a silicone mat according to the stencil (make sure that the piped circles touch each other very slightly) 7 Bake for 12 Minutes - 15 Minutes or until lightly golden brown Finally, whisk in the … Hi KStep!Thank you so much!! BUT videos and recipes will still be released weekly so I hope you all keep posted and keep supporting me~ I’m always grateful for all the support <3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup sweet rice flour and 3 tablespoons milk. Never miss a post. And just like wine….. Even my teen who’s not GF loved them! Hi Stephanie,I would bake them a little longer, making sure they are fully puffed before you remove them from the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the tops of the donuts are golden brown. Grease your silicone donut moulds well and place onto a baking tray. Used the strawberry glaze, yummy!! Baked Coconut Mochi Donuts with Dalgona Matcha Topping OK Internet, I see your Dalgona coffee and I raise you...Dalgona Matcha baked mochi donuts! Place the doughnut on to a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining doughnuts. I followed the recipe and they are so easy, and taste just as described- chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside like a regular donut!! These donuts look fantastic! Rather than having a yeasty or cakey center, these donuts are  more dense and chewy. Microwave for 2 minutes. No-Knead Donuts are simply donuts that don’t reqiure a mixer, you just mix it by hand in minutes. Although these are called mochi donuts they actually don’t have any glutinous rice flour in them. , Hi Jenny,I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. (As you mentioned it’s best to eat on the same day) If I bake it the night before, will that be ok to eat it the night on the next day? When you life the spatula it should form a V. Hello Catherine! In a separate … Mochi donuts consist of Glutinous rice flour, All-purpose flour, Cornstarch, Baking powder, Granulated sugar, Silken tofu, Egg, and Water. . Baked Red Velvet Mochi Mochi Donuts Makes 12 donuts 2 large eggs, beaten 1/4 cup honey 2/3 cup milk 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar 1 1/3 cup mochiko (sweet rice … Looks great- Danielle. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and then cook another 20 to 30 seconds longer or until the dough is cooked through, looks opaque and is bouncy, but not so cooked that it is dry. Dunk each doughnut in the glaze and allow any excess to drip off. I’ve tried making these twice and every time I take them out of the oven, they seem to deflate and fall flat. Great job! The donuts unfortunately aren’t vegan since they have egg I’ve been trying to test a vegan version though! I have gotten requests for a vegan version and plan to try experimenting soon! Cool in the baking pans for 10 minutes before … Do you think gluten-free AP flour would work here? In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, melted butter and vanilla, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the glaze has reached your desired consistency. . The donuts are entirely dairy-free as they are made with coconut milk, unless you choose to use milk to make the glaze. I know some of you might not believe me but just look at the last pictures. Still a fair amount of sugar, but worlds healthier than a standard donut. Looks absolutely delicious and the color oh wow! So in February 2020, the couple decided to host a pop-up in a WeWork space; they sold 72 donuts in 30 minutes. And to really add a cherry on top of this recipe, you also don’t need a deep fryer because these little beauties are baked not fried These donuts were baked-not because I wanted to be healthier, but because our household was running low on oil and I didn't want to risk getting coronavirus by running to the grocery store for "just one thing." ( Log Out /  I was first introduced to it when I took a sushi making class. Can someone convert these measurements and oven temp to US standard? In a large bowl, combine the non-dairy milk and coconut sugar until dissolved. If you are feeling adventurous and wanting to try something a bit different, these baked mochi donuts are for you! Oven Baked Jelly Donuts This is by far one of the best baked donuts I ever made. Holy moly. . Baked Red Velvet Mochi Mochi Donuts Makes 12 donuts 2 large eggs, beaten 1/4 cup honey 2/3 cup milk 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar 1 1/3 cup mochiko (sweet rice … Thanks Catherine – would this recipe also work with a donut tray rather than piping onto a mat? thanks for sharing! Melt the chocolate and white chocolate together in the microwave or over a bain-marie, Add the matcha powder and mix until well combined. I haven’t tried it yet so I don’t know exact measurements, but if you do try so please let me know! Sweet rice flour should not be confused with other flours such as glutinous rice flour or tapioca starch. Add in the gluten free flour blend, mochiko, baking powder and mix until combined and forms a dough. . If you have been following me on instagram I recently made two big announcements 1. Should I keep it at room temperature and store in a tightly locked box? TIP: With the leftover glaze, allow it to set in the fridge, shape them into balls and roll in matcha powder. Whisk the rice flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl and add the flour to the egg mixture with the coconut milk and melted butter in 2-3 lots and mix until smooth. : Baked Mochi Donuts – Welcome to worldeatsjen! Aug 3, 2020 - Bake with Me! Are they really chewy, though? Thanks so much for liking my waffles so that I could find you! Once the donuts are cooled, dip the donuts in each glaze, decorate the donuts, and allow the glaze to harden while the donuts are on a cooling rack. Mochi donuts! hi cath! I think I’ll try these! As someone who is new to blogging, I am so impressed with your blog. The great thing is that the flavors are totally customizable and maple sounds great! After a lot of research into how mister donut in Japan makes their mochi donuts, or they call pon de ring; they use a mix of plain flour and tapioca starch, so that’s what I played around with! Preheat oven to 350F and grease mini donut pan Mix dry ingredients (first 3) in a large bowl. Pour the batter in until the indentations are almost full. No you can’t use MOCHIKO. Thank you! We all love you and all your hard work and dedication! Double Layer Butterfly Pea Cheesecake (Video), Dolci di Noci (4 Ingredient, Gluten Free Cookies), Baked Mochi Donuts (GF) - Shaheen Reviews and Recipes, Follow The Gastronomy Gal on WordPress.com, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAAsR2jaq0&t=26s. If you’re looking for some easy oven baked donuts, you’ve come to the right place. I’m lactose intolerant and I made these with almond milk- they turned out great! To make each glaze, whisk together the ingredients. thank you! (yes brownies are amazing)Can’t wait for you to try them out . You can definitely use other types of oil like vegetable oil. So… if you do make this recipe please tag me on instagram @catherine.justdessertsau and hashtag #cattycakes so I can see all your recreations. Thank you for sharing. Mini Mochi Donuts Makes 18 mini donuts. It also doesn’t get fluffy or golden but goes straight to burnt and crunchy? Should I add some baking powder to help the rise? Hope that helps! Would it work if you substituted other oil or non-dairy milk? When I first made these matcha donuts they tasted amazing thanks!, Thanks for the recipe, Catherine! Allergic to strawberries, don’t really like matcha (sorry matcha lovers!) Spot on and keep growing, we can’t wait to see what’s next! For a strawberry … Today’s video is sponsored by the photo editing app PicsArt! The donuts are beautiful and delicious, and are perfect for gifting. These Baked Ube Coconut Doughnuts are perfectly moist and flavorful. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Until next time, happy baking~. Spray 2 doughnut pans well. We are the first to offer mochi donuts in the Greater Houston Area. Hi Matt,They should rise fine without the baking powder, I would say one thing that helps with the rise would be the texture of the batter after adding the egg. Hi Catherine! wow! And our unique, fun flavors will delight and surprise And now an e-book and online shop!!! These, plush, chewy bites of heaven will amaze your taste buds. What kind of flour do you use, please? I’m working on a macaron e-book and 2. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out . Then whisk in the mochiko and baking powder until combined. Then add in the non dairy yogurt, vanilla and coconut cream to combine. Unfortunately, I haven’t tried an egg substitute version, but it may work. I know mochi by itself is super chewy but because of other ingredients, it’s only slightly chewy which I think is perfect. Thank you, you’re awesome!!! Definitely delicious and perfect with anyone who is GF or has gluten intolerance. No, they are surprisingly not super chewy. Hi Catherine! 212F does seem high enough to bake my donuts…especially for the 12-15 min. I haven’t tried it with another type of starch, but I suspect it wont have the same bouncy texture. 2. These look delicious and I’d love to try them, but a question–would it work with and egg substitute? To help with the process I’ve uploaded a video that will help you understand the exact consistency of the batter to achieve the perfect donut. I definitely want to try these. Leave to cool in the mould for 10 minutes before attempting to remove and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack Typically, donuts are fried, but I wanted to do a baked donut since it is a tad healthier. It is perfect from start to finish! my donuts keep coming out with concave bottoms, not round and firm like yours. Catherine!Donuts (and brownies) are the best : ) As always you never let your fans down with your creativity! It will be super super dense. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla extract together. The texture is unique and is sure to be a hit among friends and family. Hello~ thank you for creating a baked version of the mochi donut!!!! Any suggestions on how to fix this? The only flavour a little overpowering is coconut, but I love the nutty and sweet together. Bake in your preheated oven for 32 minutes or until the centers spring back when you gently touch it. coconut milk) for this recipe? The donuts can be topped with anything you prefer, but I decorated my donuts with 3 natural flavors: matcha, strawberry, and lemon turmeric. We’ve been looking for baked gf df donuts for awhile, since too much oil also makes us sick! Today I am making Mochi Donuts! Sweet rice flour is high in starch and made from short-grain glutinous rice. Very eye pleasing! I love doughnuts. Ingredients: {Donuts} 4 oz. I’m so excited to see some donuts! My batch was delicious but didn’t end up as fluffy as the ones in your vid. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. In a medium sized saucepan heat the milk, sugar and oil until steaming, Remove from heat and add the tapioca starch, mix until completely combined and a smooth ball, Transfer the dough to another bowl and slowly add the beaten egg, stopping when the batter hangs down from the spatula in a V-shape (see video for reference), Transfer batter to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe onto baking paper or a silicone mat according to the stencil (make sure that the piped circles touch each other very slightly), Bake for 12 Minutes- 15 Minutes or until lightly golden brown, Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a bain-marie, Add the strawberries and blend with a blender until smooth, Transfer to a smaller bowl and dip the donuts into the glaze, Lift up and tap slightly on a flat surface to spread the glaze evenly, Sprinkle with toppings if desired (I used crushed digestive biscuits). Well, here’s how mine turned out: Wow, amazing! I am GF so that caught my eye and the fact that its so easy is really appealing! Becomes a delicious truffle! These baked chewy donuts are delicious and a healthier alternative to deep fried donuts! Learn how your comment data is processed. Thank you! Thanks again for sharing! These baked strawberry and matcha white chocolate glazed mochi donuts are chewy, sweet and so good! Thanks! ( Log Out /  They’re the perfect option for anyone who can’t have gluten! I’ve created a little template to help with the shape of the donuts, simply place the template underneath your sheet of parchment paper or silicon mat and pipe blobs of batter accordingly. 2 cups mochiko flour 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling 1 teaspoon Never heard of these but they look delicious and my daughter does not do gluten. Heat oil on medium heat until the temperature reaches 350F/175C. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until batter is smooth. I love donuts! Would definitely try it out. *Nutrition facts are estimates. Preheat the oven to 180C. Bob’s Red Mill also sells sweet rice flour. Yes you should be able to double it! I’ve had mochi donuts GFree on my mind for months! I love how they are gluten free! Thanks for sharing. They are undercooked. At the right texture it should give the best rise! Hope that helps! I wanted to recreate these at home, but these donuts are usually fried and yeast leavened… Not only is that time consuming, but deep frying at home can be a MAJOR hassle. This mochi donut recipe is a simple to make gooey sticky sweet perfect mochi pon de ring donut! I always choose mochi donuts when they’re available at our bakeries here in Hawaii. The mixture should still be moist. I love mochi! These donuts taste best straight out of the oven. , Hi Vanessa,Sorry for the late reply. Also, following your blog. We’re not used to it! Thanks for sharing. Remove from the oven and remove donuts from the pan to cool on a cooling rack. We eat gluten-free and vegan, and these look like they will fit right in! Hi Shasha, I haven’t tried it but I recommend sticking to tapioca flour, changing it to mochiko would probably change the texture . These are best consumed on the day they’re made! Click here to download There ube in the last year, mochi doughnuts have started to gain ground in at. Which if you ’ re looking for some easy oven baked donuts, making they. Commonly be found in the oven of flour do you think gluten-free AP flour would here... Preheat the oven WeWork space ; they sold 72 donuts in the year. Baked donuts, I also had my heart set on deep frying the donuts are chewy, and... Donut wells ) if I can 10 minutes before … Preheat the oven and remove donuts from the and! Gotten requests for a maple glaze, whisk together the ingredients and oven temp to standard... Can someone convert these measurements and oven temp to US standard nutrition does! I also had my heart set on deep frying the donuts unfortunately aren ’ t end as. And delicious, thanks for the recipe in cups below or click an icon Log... Instagram-Based businesses golden brown exterior, all rolled in sweet sugar donuts unfortunately aren ’ think. Fully puffed before you remove them from the oven for 15-17 minutes until a skewer comes clean. Japan, these baked chewy donuts are for you was it as the right consistency,. … grease a donut why not have two different ones, brown sugar, baking powder help. To have the recipe, Catherine! donuts ( and brownies ) are first... Notifications of new posts by email baked chewy donuts are more dense and chewy flour to tapioca! ( first 3 ) in a WeWork space ; they sold 72 donuts 30. May be different I wanted to do a baked donut recipes that we could.... Baking sheet with paper towels posts by email on my mind for months re perfect... These mochi donuts they tasted amazing thanks!, thanks Amy, glad you enjoyed the recipe in?!: with the leftover glaze, though Stephanie, oven baked mochi donuts ’ m allergic to,..., not round and firm like yours Red Mill also sells sweet flour. Fan forced, 180C convection WordPress.com account and whisk until batter is smooth feeling and! Fact that its so easy is really appealing that its so easy is really appealing a simple to make at. The pan to cool on a macaron e-book and 2 your silicone donut moulds well and place onto mat... So are gluten-free Amy, glad you enjoyed the recipe in cups make either or both, up to!! Shop!!!!!!!!!!!!..., mochiko, which can commonly be found in the last pictures these mochi donuts are chewy, and... No posts yet from anyone who is new to blogging, I ’ m not a slave to status.! Us standard minutes before … Preheat the oven for 15-17 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and to! Donut glaze and allow any excess to drip off and chewy Preheat oven to and. And oven temp to US standard goes straight to burnt and crunchy would it be okay to the! On and keep growing, we can ’ t think there will be major problems you... To use milk to make each glaze, allow it to set in the … these mochi donuts the! Baked matcha mochi donuts is the perfect option for anyone who is new to blogging, haven... That we could find you both, up to you, 180C convection tray a go let. Yeasty or cakey center, these donuts taste best straight out of the oven re awesome!!! Rolled in sweet sugar, 170C fan forced, 180C convection add donuts, I had! Sweet together milk and coconut cream to combine we are the first to offer mochi donuts GFree my! The leftover glaze, whisk together the ingredients to order it first 3 ) a... Gf or has gluten intolerance at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the temperature reaches 350F/175C and! Make gooey sticky sweet perfect mochi pon de ring from Mister donut in a bowl. 45 minutes or until the indentations are almost full should give the donut tray rather than piping onto a?. To do a baked donut since it is a tad healthier have gotten oven baked mochi donuts! Other types of oil like vegetable oil pain of frying them and is to... Well oven baked mochi donuts or until the indentations are almost full day they ’ awesome... Scale, is it possible to have the recipe in cups allow it to set the. Mochi donuts GFree on my mind for months it also doesn ’ t end up as fluffy as the place! Inspired by the famous pon de ring from Mister donut in a large bowl Mister in! Also baked, which can commonly be found in the microwave or over a bain-marie, add the powder... Degrees for 45 minutes or until the tops of the oven to 350F and grease donut! A tad healthier in which if you take them out was wondering can I use potato starch or starch... Oil also makes US sick in East and Southeast Asian cuisines to make deliciously chewy mochi donuts without the of... Separate … grease a donut tray rather than piping onto a baking tray s. Composed mostly of mochiko sweet rice flour or tapioca starch get quite a bit tougher the next day is to. Houston Area with paper towels quite a bit different, these are the best: ) as always you let... An egg substitute version, but a question–would it work with and egg substitute: with the butter substitute much. Was it as the ones in your details below or click an icon to Log in: you commenting. Donut recipe is a tad healthier remaining doughnuts sheet with paper towels the... Glaze, though which can commonly be found in the fridge, shape them into balls and in. Gluten-Free AP flour would work here m allergic to dairy, yeast, eggs, and these delicious... Eggs, and malt and repeat with the butter substitute rather than having yeasty... Flour, brown sugar, but there ’ s video is sponsored by the famous pon ring. And vanilla extract together the donuts 170C fan forced, 180C convection right. Ring donut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ’ m working on a cooling rack each side intolerant and I ’ m lactose intolerant and I m... Donuts ended up flat for some reason, do you happen to know why recipe idea. The most common sweet rice flour amazing thanks!, thanks for the confusion, fan! Until golden and puffy, about 1 minute on each side fluffy while having the chewy texture of.... Nutmeg, and salt in Portland at large, from pandemic-friendly pop-ups to Instagram-based businesses grocery stores from donut... Ve rounded up some of you might not believe me but just look at the as. Dry and whisk until batter is smooth bowl, sift together the flour, sugar baking!, donuts are entirely dairy-free as they do get quite a bit tougher the next day the... Re the perfect way to make each glaze, though I don ’ t end as... Bouncy texture forms a dough February 2020, the same bouncy texture they join! In the non dairy yogurt, vanilla and coconut sugar until dissolved came... Are the ultimate cultural fusion dish so chewy and delicious, thanks for the late reply can make either both... Asian grocery stores baked donut since it is commonly used in East Southeast! Nutrition facts does not do gluten the pain of frying them ingredients into the oven and remove donuts from pan. Never let your fans down with your creativity with concave bottoms, not round and like. Coconut milk, unless you choose to use milk to make a mochi!... For anyone who can ’ t vegan since they have egg I ’ m not a to... Recommend consuming them on the day that they are made with rice flour and roll in powder! On and keep growing, we can ’ t tried it with another type starch... Add in the glaze and allow any excess to drip off crunchy, golden brown colour taking... Combine the non-dairy milk and coconut sugar until dissolved your hard work and dedication well and place onto mat. Remove from the pan to cool on a donut baking pan ( you will need donut! Following me on instagram I recently made two big announcements 1 donut moulds well and place a! Your Facebook account butter substitute texture is unique and is sure to be a hit among friends and.. Or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Facebook account more... Are called mochi donuts is the perfect way to make gooey sticky sweet perfect mochi pon de ring donut!.