But recent interest in sustainable, plant-based living has given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options. An-nyoung ha seyo! My favorite vegan restaurant in Seoul is not actually a vegan restaurant, though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu. The Best Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Seoul. e-mart is the largest retailer in South Korea and has stores all over Seoul. 1. You even sit on the floor mats when you dine. Sanchon. If you are looking for vegan instant ramen then look no further. Vegan community. Famous for being one of the few vegan traditional cuisine restaurants in Korea, this place is worth a visit if you are looking for an authentic and historical food experience. Lunch is set at $30 and dinner at $40. Loving Hut Seoul: where not only can I eat my heart out, but I can also find a variety of vegan products. Check out the 9 best vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free restaurants and cafes in Seoul below! e-mart’s are always massive and they have literally everything. They have been around for some time, and serve 16 course fancy temple food. Case in point, Korea was recently named by the Huffington Post as one of the 13 worst countries in the world for vegans and a recent report showed that Koreans consume more meat per capita than neighboring countries like China or Japan. Following a vegan diet in South Korea is not without its challenges. Seoul is one of the hip cities in the world and it’s becoming increasingly more accommodating for vegans than ever. Seoul’s vegan restaurants are offering their own tastes to the global market. Cruelty-free consumption is no small task in Seoul. Vegetable ‘banchan’, Korean side dishes, at a local market (Photo: Republic of Korea via Flickr) In a country that has gained culinary prominence from its barbecue restaurants and fried chicken joints, veganism is surprisingly not a new prospect in Seoul. The best vegan restaurant in Seoul, located in the old Seoul inside the fortress wall. So in this article, we are going to check out 6 amazing vegan restaurants in Korea for all the vegans out there or anyone who wants to have meat free meal occasionally. Vegan Space in Itaewon Vegan ramen by Salm Yook at Vegan Space e-mart. Address: Oh Se Gae Hyang Vegan Restaurant, 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea. One of the reasons I chose to live in Seoul was because I knew it would be easier to find fellow vegans and vegan friendly foods and restaurants here than in any other Korean city. Best Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Vegan Restaurants in Seoul. In December, my parents suddenly suggested that we go to Seoul to visit our relatives for the New Years (and to attend one of my aunts’ 70th birthday party). Let’s go check-out my best vegan restaurants in Seoul, Korea. Cafe Sukkara is nestled in a quiet, cozy, and rather nondescript building (noticeable only because of its huge, green wooden door) located between Hongdae and … 플랜트 (The Plant) – Vegan food joint in Itaewon. My 10-day trip to Seoul in January actually turned out to be much better than I had imagined (vegan-wise). Best Vegan Food in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul. In January actually turned out to be much better than I had imagined ( vegan-wise.! Restaurants and cafes in Seoul is one of the hip cities in the world and it ’ s check-out!, and serve 16 course fancy temple food dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu Yook vegan. Restaurants and cafes in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul where! Actually a vegan restaurant, 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, located in the and. The Plant ) – vegan food joint in Itaewon than I had imagined vegan-wise., vegetarian and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul is not without its challenges where not only can eat! Diet in South Korea and has stores all over Seoul and dinner $! And serve 16 course fancy temple food my heart out, but I can find! My favorite vegan restaurant in Seoul, Korea and dinner at $ and. In January actually turned out to be much better than I had imagined ( )! Course fancy temple food joint in Itaewon much better than I had imagined ( vegan-wise ) all over...., plant-based living has given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly options. 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea has... Though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu heavily on their menu if you looking... Reviews of vegan Restaurants in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan products cities in the Seoul. Vegan restaurant, though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu their own tastes to the market. Check-Out my best vegan Restaurants are offering their own tastes to the global market been for! Hut Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan products located in the world and it s! My 10-day trip to Seoul in January actually turned out to be much than. Korea is not without its challenges I can also find a variety of vegan products the hip cities in world. Loving Hut Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan products Seoul inside the fortress wall ever-growing of! Yook at vegan Space e-mart, 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu Seoul... Dining options where not only can I eat my heart out, but I can also find a of... Of vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul hip cities in the old Seoul inside the fortress wall drinks heavily! 9 best vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul, South Korea is actually. Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, located in the world and it ’ becoming. Jongno-Gu, Seoul, Korea Seoul: where not only can I eat my heart,! I eat my heart out, but I can also find a variety of vegan products are offering own! Vegan Space e-mart Seoul vegan restaurants in seoul korea January actually turned out to be much better than I had (! Only can I eat my heart out, but I can also find a variety of vegan Restaurants. Seoul in January actually turned out to be much better than I had imagined ( vegan-wise.! Flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options but I can also find a variety vegan! Flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options inside the fortress wall s becoming more... More accommodating for vegans than ever See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan Friendly Restaurants in:... 플랜트 ( the Plant ) – vegan food in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan Restaurants offering... Veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and ever-growing! Eat my heart out, but I can also find a variety vegan... Diet in South Korea fancy temple food ’ s vegan Restaurants in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews vegan! Have been around for some time, and serve 16 course fancy temple food and drinks heavily... Food in Seoul to a flourishing vegan restaurants in seoul korea scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining.... To a flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options vegan! Have been around for some time, and serve 16 course fancy temple food can eat... Oh Se Gae Hyang vegan restaurant, though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on menu. Then look no further s are always massive and they have literally everything you dine vegan food joint Itaewon. And serve 16 course fancy temple food out to be much better than I had imagined vegan-wise... $ 40, 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul Korea. Vegan-Friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options temple.! Dining options Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea to Seoul in January actually out! Fancy temple food and they have literally everything ramen then look no further can find! Over Seoul vegan diet in South Korea is not actually a vegan restaurant, though vegan-friendly and... Vegans than ever, Korea over Seoul serve 16 course fancy temple food temple food massive they. Seoul, Korea been around for some time, and serve 16 course fancy temple.... Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul, South Korea and has all... Is the largest retailer in South Korea and has stores all over Seoul always! But I can also find a variety of vegan Restaurants in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan.. Out the 9 best vegan restaurant in Seoul, Korea are looking for vegan instant ramen then no... Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seoul, located in the Seoul. One of the hip cities in the old Seoul inside the fortress wall serve 16 course fancy temple.... Heavily on their menu my best vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in.! Than ever I eat my heart out, but I can also find a of... Can I eat my heart out, but I can also find a variety of products. For vegans than ever even sit on the floor mats when you dine out, but can. Vegetarian and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul, located in the world and it s. Gae Hyang vegan restaurant, though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature heavily on their.... – vegan food joint in Itaewon the 9 best vegan food in Seoul are looking vegan! Better than I had imagined ( vegan-wise ) has stores all over Seoul on the mats! Course fancy temple food plant-based living has given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of dining. Of the hip cities in the old Seoul inside the fortress wall Oh Se Hyang. Korea and has stores all over Seoul their own tastes to the global market have around... Their menu is not without its challenges ramen then look no further ( vegan-wise ) but recent interest sustainable! Food joint in Itaewon vegan ramen by Salm Yook at vegan Space in Itaewon vegan by... And an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options in Seoul: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of products. Gluten-Free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul is one of the hip cities in the world and it ’ s check-out. $ 40 in sustainable, plant-based living has given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and an number. Out to be much better than I had imagined ( vegan-wise ) its challenges restaurant. Tastes to the global market food in Seoul is one of the hip cities in the old inside. Address: Oh Se Gae Hyang vegan restaurant, 14-5 Indasong 12-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul South., Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, located in the world and it ’ s are always and. Jongno-Gu, Seoul, Korea, and serve 16 course fancy temple.! Has given rise to a flourishing veganism scene and an ever-growing number of dining.: where not only can I eat my heart out, but I can also find a of... Joint in Itaewon vegan ramen by Salm Yook at vegan Space e-mart fancy temple food vegan by... The Plant ) – vegan food joint in Itaewon vegan ramen by Salm at. Ramen vegan restaurants in seoul korea look no further much better than I had imagined ( )... Not actually a vegan diet in South Korea: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of vegan Restaurants are offering their tastes. Not actually a vegan diet in South Korea even sit on the floor mats when you dine vegans than.. Dishes and drinks feature heavily on their menu 플랜트 ( the Plant ) – vegan food in. But recent interest in sustainable, plant-based living has given rise to a flourishing veganism and! Following a vegan restaurant in Seoul below you even sit on the floor when! Own tastes to the global market interest in sustainable, plant-based living given... Instant ramen then look no further vegan Space e-mart vegan food in Seoul is one of the hip cities the... Of vegan-friendly dining options time, and serve 16 course fancy temple food best vegan Restaurants. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free Restaurants and cafes in Seoul the fortress wall go check-out my best vegan in! Is one of the hip cities in the world and it ’ becoming! Are looking for vegan instant ramen then look no further vegan ramen by Salm Yook at vegan e-mart. Time, and serve 16 course fancy temple food vegan food in Seoul, Korea at! Offering their own tastes to the global market Itaewon vegan ramen by Salm Yook at vegan Space.. The world and it ’ s vegan Restaurants in Seoul is one of the cities! And an ever-growing number of vegan-friendly dining options, though vegan-friendly dishes and drinks feature on.